Sunday, August 7, 2016

Class Rules

In the past, I have really labored over a set of classroom rules to present to the students during the first couple days of school. I would follow typical strategies for best practice, such as keeping the number of rules of low and stating them in a positive manner. I would try to make them sound professional but witty, yet the goal I had in establishing the rules were always the same: creating a safe, positive learning environment.

In all my previous ten years of teaching, I don't know if any of my students could tell any outsider what my rules were, despite my rule-writing efforts.  

For that reason, there are only two rules this year.  Everything that should go down in class can be covered by these two things:

1.) Respect everyone.
2.) Take pride in your work.

Word.

-Mr. D

No comments: